In this module, you have three assignments.
- Watch the video
- Attend a career event
- Read Unit 7 of the Dillon Text.
Attend a career event
Events bringing employers to campus in an expo-like setting to share job and internship opportunities with students.
This activity will provide you with the opportunity to gather information about your major and career options, connect with professionals, and to explore internships, volunteer, and job opportunities.
At the end of this module, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate effective preparedness for the fair that includes research, proper attire, and how to present themselves as strong candidates to employers;
- Discover a wide range of career paths available by job function, sector, employer, and/or industry;
- Deliver a succinct statement to introduce themselves and effectively sell their professional brand;
- Connect with 2-3 employers to actively pursue employment opportunities discussed at the career fair.
Fall Career Week
Fall Career Week is a week-long celebration of career exploration and preparation for all students! Hear from students, faculty, employers, and alumni about majors, career paths, job searching, and more in dozens of different sessions and events. There are more details available on your college website. Down the flyer (below) for the December 2020 Career Fair at Middlesex County Collge.
Talk to students, staff, and faculty with inside knowledge of various majors
Clarify degree requirements and career possibilities Engage with the Office of Student Employment and Engaged Learning representatives
Web Career Fairs
Have you already found a professional experience or event to attend? Are you job shadowing or conducting an informational interview outside of class? If you can justify an event, opportunity, or professional experience, your instructor may approve it for this assignment. Request permission from your instructor before attending an alternative event.
READ Unit 7: Career Exploration
From the reading, please consider the following guiding questions.
- What can be gained by enrolling in a Career Exploration/Planning course, or something similar?
2. What kind of connections can toyu make at a career or job fair.
3. Name three career choices and learning job readiness skills you can gain from attending a job fair.