Every teacher has struggled with student engagement. Disengaged students are easy to spot. Students may have their head down, not taking notes, or look bored and indifferent to the learning process. Of course, in online learning, you can’t see the students, so how do you know when they are disengaged?
How to spot a disengaged online student
- Students rarely enters the course room.
- Very little time is spent in course activities
- Interaction with other students is sparse
- Assignments are missing or delayed
- Discussion posts are short.