In an effort to explore how learning theory and motivation can be applied to the instructional process, I am taking another look at ADDIE. What can ADDIE do to make instruction more engaging and practical for diverse learning audiencesDefining ADDIE…
- ADDIE is a flexible instructional system design (ISD) framework used to used to develop courses. ADDIE is Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, and Evaluation.
- ADDIE is used primarily by many training developers and instructional designers for technology-based instruction.
- One reason for ADDIE’s success is that student assessments are tied to learning objectives or learner outcomes.
- One criticism of ADDIE is that there is not a strong enough focus on the student and instructor relationship.
- ADDIE has been a standard for professionally developed, high-quality online education and heavily used in corporate e-learning and training.